Hey fellas, I’m in the United kingdom and I am a new driver. Been employing my phone as a GPS for travelling all around to numerous places. Starting off to drop religion in it and puzzled if a dedicated device functions better? They feel too based mostly of what I have found when my friends use it. Final time I definitely seemed at a GPS was authentic TomTom days, pre-intelligent telephones. So I envision focused GPSs nowadays could blow me absent in comparison? I assume presently I am just utilizing Google Maps.
Execs of cell phone:
– It is normally on my person
– Effortless to update
– Is hooked up to my stereo to manage calls/texts by way of speech recognition (Never use it considerably though)
Negatives of cell phone:
– Usually won’t be able to discover my locale and/or desired destination, GPS just fails to pinpoint anything at all.
– Battery drains in 1-2 hours of use, even with USB plugged in to stereo. So worthless on prolonged drives, specially if I am heading there and back in a day with no charging inbetween!
– If plugged in, cable is in the way of equipment box or steering relying on where it is really mounted.
– Often begins to reduce my site as I am driving
– Often is about 5-10 seconds behind, producing scaled-down locations extremely difficult to follow as I make a switch and have no plan the place I am going till it catches up.
– Very low battery warning/other significant alerts appear ON Top of the map, that means I have to hazard working with it while driving, or stopping someplace to type it.
– Inadequately relayed information. Often says “Appropriate at the roundabout” but the true path exhibits it going still left. Heading still left is the turn I make and it expects, so no notion why it exhibits a suitable convert on the UI.
– Ton of wasted display screen place, as most of it is just a greyed out map.
Do all GPS go through from these issues or will acquiring a devoted device aid me out?